Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 06 cf7 Went to the UP this weekend and put on 628 trouble free miles. Motor was very strong and did not miss a beat. Gas mileage was 12.5 did not get oil ratio. The group I was with had two 900 and one 700 Polaris's and I won the fuel mileage at each fill up thru out the trip which I am very pleased with because in the past I would always seems to get the worst mileage with my cats except for my sons F7. The oil could be running a tad rich but was not excessive. Top speed was around 105 on speedo on hard packed road. Overall a very nice sled a I am pleased. Some of the mods I have on it are speedwerx clutch kit and fatty daddy pipe, injector perfector, 108 studs, powder pro skis, and large diameter air intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just took my new 2006 crossfire7 out for its second trip and I'm very pleased with mine as well. I took it easy the first 50 miles, then I let her have it a little and all I can say is WOW. Took a couple big jumps, ran a couple good hills, and ran her on the lake bed to about 75mph and it still had ALOT before I had to shut her down. I got about 10 MPG out of the first tank, does seem to use a fair amount of oil but I've still got some breaking in to do. I put a 2 paddle track on and it makes a huge difference in the powder. I've got a set of Powder Pro ski's on order and have another trip planned this weekend. No bent tunnel for me either.

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No bent tunnel either. did put on Kroms tnnels supports. On the trip I did hit a couple back breakers pretty hard with no damage to the sled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have logged 580 miles so far. My only problem I have found was that it seems to use an ass load of oil, while I havent checked the ratio, it just seems really bad. Other than that the sled is flawless and it is super quick, I havent taken it to the edge due to lack of room but so far its hit 97 mph and there is a more throttle to go.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've ridden 1500 miles so far and biggest problem seems to be the bolt in rear suspension arm. It has dropped two times now and the hole has reshaped as oval :( It's the right upper one connecting that aluminium piece (tsl?) into tunnel. It's always glued very well (by local dealer) but it always looses up. They say warranty won't cover that :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have put on just over 400 miles so far this winter. Love the sled, it's fast, hit's 100 at will and have had it up to 107 with more to spare. I had a bigger set of springs put in rear suspension as I am a big guy. It rides like a Caddy, didn't think I could find a better ride than my XLT Touring with X-tra 12, but this is just as good if not better.

I have not noticed any massive oil usage yet and it appears to be decent on gas, although I have not checked the mileage yet? I will do that on my next run. It has however, backfired twice while in the UP a couple weeks ago when starting it, but I just figured it is still breaking in? I was surprised at the speed, it takes off and doesn't quit at all, very impressed. Talked with a couple other guys who have them, and they said the same about the speed.

This is my first Cat, I have always had Polaris, and I am very happy I made the switch! Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I love mine so far, perfect sled in every way. When you consider reliability, ride, suspension / suspension callibration, handling, power, noise level, ease of starting, reliability, ease of maintianing, trail performance, off-trail performance, comfort, wind protection, versatility, fit and finish, weight, and every other important factor, the 06 CF 6 & 7 have got to be one of those home runs that does not come along often enough in the snowmobile world.

I hope the twin spar future we all have to look forward to proves to be as good overall as this machine, and those are big shoes to fill. I'm not bragging, I didn't build the darn thing, I'm just thanking Cat for getting it right with this sled.

All things considered, this has to be one of the best overall efforts Cat has ever brought to market to date. You just need to come to the conclusion that you need to purchase and install tunnel stiffeners, and get that over with.

Nice to hear about others happy with theirs as well! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put on 700 miles in '06 about 200 miles so far this year. I have an '06 700 standard) NO problems. Have installed the larger idler wheels and just got the tunnel supports from Old Cat Man. (they look great & I'll post pix after I install them) I plan on installing the front spring from SnoPro and getting the front shock revalved. So far the oil usage is within tolerances and the gas milage is approx 10-12 , although I ride pretty hard. Love the ride and it handles great - it's all about the technology. Will never go back to Polaris!
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts