Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished going over my new sled for its first 300 mile checkup. Overall there were no major issues or problems, but a few things did get noticed.

1. Cotter pin and washer for the muffler was off and laying underneath the brake.

[attachment=59941:loose_piece.jpg]

2. The steering post bolts were loose. All others were tight.

3. Many of the wire harnesses were routed poorly and needed to be fixed to eliminate wear and chaffing. Specifically on the handle bar and the exhaust pipe sensor wire. I added a few wire ties to the wires and brake line on the handle bars and I rerouted the exhaust pipe sensor wire. This wire was also binding up the steering as it was being pinched between the steering rod and the head on the engine.

Before, pointing to the area where it was binding:

[attachment=59944:wire_bind_1.jpg]

After, showing the rerouted (with plastic wire shroud added) exhaust pipe sensor wire:

[attachment=59945:rewire.jpg]

4. Belly pan had a bit of a scratch where I ran over a stubby steel post (10" of snow covering a 10" stub steel post bang your head ). I'll be getting a belly pan to add a little more protection in this area.

[attachment=59943:stupid_post.jpg]

5. Checked the spark plugs. I haven't done anything to motor and it is pure stock. Plugs were black when I was running the premix in the tank and now they are a light brown.

[attachment=59942:spark_plug.jpg]

6. Greased er up

Now all I need is a little fresh snow and run 'er until I run out of gas money.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
there is alot more power left in there by the look of those plugs....what do the look like after a long pull --- > kill switch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzrock_X7 @ Jan 8 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there is alot more power left in there by the look of those plugs....what do the look like after a long pull --- > kill switch.[/b]
i have heard that is the best way to check how rich or lean it is running, just not sure how good it is for the engine? is there any risk?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzrock_X7 @ Jan 8 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there is alot more power left in there by the look of those plugs....what do the look like after a long pull --- > kill switch.[/b]

Not much room around here for a long pull, and most of my riding has been only short bursts of WOT combined with a lot of low speed. I would say that my riding conditions have attributed more to the "rich" looking plugs as opposed to any fuel map or air ducts. These plugs are not far off from where they should be given a more aggressive area in which to ride. I'm finding it difficult to open this thing up in the ditches and not hitting the approaches at 90mph. Maybe when I can get out on some trails and lakes I'll pull 'em and see where I'm at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts