Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 CF1000 R I just bought and found out the hard way after buying a new Cobra 141x1.5, that the R model is a 128!? I thought it looked short to be a 141 and even aked by vin number to a dealer, what my track length is and they said it is a 141. Probly because I never noticed it was an R. Anywho... anyone want to trade a 128 for a 141? I was told the 141 goes right in and barely clears the rear. If not, don't care, much rather have the 141 so I can run the cobra track instead of a 1.5x128 ripsaw. Or is it even worth the hassle?

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
I have an 09 CF1000 R I just bought and found out the hard way after buying a new Cobra 141x1.5, that the R model is a 128!? I thought it looked short to be a 141 and even aked by vin number to a dealer, what my track length is and they said it is a 141. Probly because I never noticed it was an R. Anywho... anyone want to trade a 128 for a 141? I was told the 141 goes right in and barely clears the rear. If not, don't care, much rather have the 141 so I can run the cobra track instead of a 1.5x128 ripsaw. Or is it even worth the hassle?

you cant run that track with out driver changes. 141 inch crossfires have 3 inch pitch drivers and the cfrs have 2.52. You would have to change out the track drivers to get the 141 in your sled plus deal with rail length and tunnel extensions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know about the track drivers and pitch and later found they meant a 141 will go in a 136 cf and not a cfr. I would not mind even doing a tunnel ext but did not want to drill new holes and mounting points, which I have forund is what is needed. So way too much work, better trading for a regular cf. It just would be nice to have the longer track for better hookup. This is my first big motor sled, never had anything over a 500 before. Had one 800bb pro xr project that didn't go thru so I missed out on that fun one! Thanks for the help/guidance Mr Greg!

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
I know about the track drivers and pitch and later found they meant a 141 will go in a 136 cf and not a cfr. I would not mind even doing a tunnel ext but did not want to drill new holes and mounting points, which I have forund is what is needed. So way too much work, better trading for a regular cf. It just would be nice to have the longer track for better hookup. This is my first big motor sled, never had anything over a 500 before. Had one 800bb pro xr project that didn't go thru so I missed out on that fun one! Thanks for the help/guidance Mr Greg!

shoot tracks usa a call. they might have a kit to extend that sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts