Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 2000 T CAT. I'm thinking about the 01 cdi upgrade. But while reading some of the past forum articles on this site I
have read about the "timing key" mod. Just wondering if someone could explain if given the choice why would someone consider one over the other??? This T cat is stock except for D&D clutch kit

·
Registered
175 Posts
At one time a fellow Danjanski?? or something like that said the Cat race dept told him the 00 and the01 were the same but the 01 had more adv in the mid rpms and pipe companys like that one '01' because they may want to go a little higher with the rpms verces the 'key' in the 00 which would still give you the adv all the way through. Now with saying that I have a 00 I run a 2 degree key on reg fuel and am @ 1600 feet and drive the hell out of it ,3000 miles! Cat happy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply threejugsnotweird. Just wondering when you say regular gas are meaning 87 oct or are you running higher pump gas. Also just curious about cost of timing key. And did you put key in yourself and if you did do you have any pointers.
I never done anything like that.But I feel I can do it. I'm not totally ignorant around engine but I also realize I'm not a master mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts