Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3530-40 is the CDI I have on my 06 500 4x4 FIS. thing ran. changed carb, ran worse, played with old carb several times and eventually battery died so i attempted to jump it. the wires on the thing are a rat's nest and for the most part I think its sorted out. but there is no power coming from the CDI. no spark whatsoever. and the price of said CDI is outrageous from what I see online
Although (out of stock of course) I saw a cheaper aftermarket that said it was interchangeable with that CDI and several other numbers, so I guess my question is has anybody cheated and put another models CDI on their ATV? it would be a great help in parts searching if I have some more part numbers to try.

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
Auto or manual ?
2003-09 all fit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a manual, so I should go looking at all the 500s in that year range? auto and manual?

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
All those years manual only.

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
IMG_0768.PNG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that website says it took its last orders on August 30th, and their price for the part is worse then what I've seen sofar, is there really no matching an Auto to a manual? I found a Procom that is the cheapest/only aftermarket option sofar. if I cant find a decent priced option I'm going to have to let the machine go as is, I'm already expecting to take a loss on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a thought I forgot to mention, since it's a suzuki motor, would a suzuki CDI work? or did AC have to make it special? if I can cross search on suzuki I think I'm might have better luck, availability seems to suck for what I'm looking for.

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
Get the procom cdi they also increase power. That site is Canadian hence the price.
I would look for a used one.

·
Administrator
35,736 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts