Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 F8 LXR 1800miles headlights and handwarmers not working. CCU light flashes once and stays on. Where should I start?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do your gauges work, reverse work, reverse beep on? Have you checked all wiring for any rubs, 07's have a lot of sharp edges. Open up the handlebar deal and check all wiring in there. Have a heated shield? could be that cord shorting them out. Check the fuses? There are 2 or 3 of them in a bundle crammed in near your right footrest. If wires/fuses check out good, then test your CCU or borrow one from a working sled. That's where i'd start.

·
Registered
118 Posts
need to double check all wiring, paying close attention to wires coming out of steering and on right side by exhaust. Lotta people having some rubbing/shorting going on around those areas. If confirm no rubbed/pinched wires, suspect CCU is shot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, didn't have the problem before storage. I changed the battery before startup, maybe I jiggled something loose when I crammed it in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ccu

Sled spent a couple of hours at Birch Point cats. They found nothing and think its the ccu. I'm thinking of doing the replacement myself. Is it pretty easy? They are pretty expensive. Is it worth buying a used one?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Believe it is pretty straight forward except for the connector that goes down by the crank. you can remove gas tank, makes it that much easier. or....you can take a flat head and remove the connector pins. The hole to get connector should be on the backside of gas tank. So you'll have to make the hole bigger or remove wires from connector. You can do it! As far as buying a used CCU, i believe 07-09 f600-f1000 are compatible, though id stick with 08-09.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Double checked all wires, everything looked ok. No looseconnections. Got the old ccu off easy enough now just waiting for a new one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New CCU

New CCU installed, headlights working and no wrench light. Pretty easy to swap, I removed the can, battery and spar plastic. Didn't move the gas tank. I cut the old wires to ease removal and the new wire went a different route.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you having issues? Try swapping with a good one. I have a few extra ones in Ontario. I don't think Cat sells them anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts