Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
Also,I was thinking about the things others were saying about the new design...take a 600 sno pro or a blast and look at the side views of the two compared to the catalyst. Surprised others haven't caught on yet.
The blast is the mountain sled with a **** stamped tunnel. The catalyst is a one piece design but how the suspension is mounted in it is new. It’s an interesting concept. The front end is the same a arms with different spindles

·
Registered
38 Posts
The blast is the mountain sled with a **** stamped tunnel. The catalyst is a one piece design but how the suspension is mounted in it is new. It’s an interesting concept. The front end is the same a arms with different spindles
I wasn't implying about the tunnel. I was implying about the sled being forward and center balanced like the Ski doo . This is the way sleds have to be. In this market its sink or swim.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is their plan. To get Demo rides. Locations to be announced.
I realize they are planning demos, but my comment was thinking past that - I was adding that I hope they will consider dealerships and/or venues that would let more people ride them, and also get more quality time - not just ride in a 2-mile circle and let someone else ride. I'm looking for opportunities and will share what I find, assuming someone else hasn't found and shared it first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Offering black belly pan plastic. Sorry but I miss the old 90s-2000s green,red ,silver,red,orange belly pans. Nowadays it's bng and that's it. The blast sleds bare all black plastic on hood and belly pan with a color only in sticker and seat. Even traditional cat before textron didn't cheap out on newmodel introductions. I understand However, new model trying to keep msrp and production overhead. Indeed how things have changed.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Offering black belly pan plastic. Sorry but I miss the old 90s-2000s green,red ,silver,red,orange belly pans. Nowadays it's bng and that's it. The blast sleds bare all black plastic on hood and belly pan with a color only in sticker and seat. Even traditional cat before textron didn't cheap out on newmodel introductions. I understand However, new model trying to keep msrp and production overhead. Indeed how things have changed.
Black is the easiest to keep clean.

·
Super Moderator
9,808 Posts
I hadn't really thought about the belly pan etc. colors. I do agree that it is fun to have more color. I have spent quite a bit of time over the years looking at the color combinations available before ordering a sled. On the other hand, it seems that production seems to be more fluid with less color options. That probably helps quite a bit with production scheduling too. It doesn't take many part bins at the stations along the line. Parts are easier to find when the main components are only a few colors. (I know I've spent quite a bit of time over the years trying to figure out which green I needed for a particular part.)

I have done wraps on a few of my sleds. In my situation it is pretty simple. There is a guy down the road that does this stuff for a living. It is almost an afterthought to stare at the sleds and mull over ideas. In that situation, the mono colored sleds are actually a better option. The wrap option is also nice if I need parts. I order the bare panels and get the graphics reprinted.

It's a sorta odd thing when I think about my other vehicles. With my last two haulers, I didn't have any color in mind before the purchase. I picked them up when dealers still had inventory so I just walked out and picked a color I thought I could live with for awhile. My wife's last car was bought when inventories sucked. We took whatever was available. Color choice wasn't an option unless we wanted to wait and wait.
We run quite a bit of Deere stuff around the farm. Color choice is super simple. We have a very small spot on the part shelves for paint too. In some ways, that makes things super simple. If we do welding repairs etc. the rattle cans usually have fresh paint.

In the big picture it is more fun to have color options. In reality, I guess I've learned to live with . . . . the options available.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with limited color options...being simplistic for production,however with sleds toppling the price of a used jeep wrangler from ten years ago..you kind of expect more. I give textron props.for cost cutting; Especially after investing money into new product ,I get it for first year. Let's hope after the first MY they expand choices for the snow div.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts