Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Arctic Cat 550 LTD. A couple weeks ago the atv wouldn't start with the electric starter. A while later, I tried again and the electric start didn't work but it started with the pull start. Next time I use it the electric start works. Then it worked for a while, then a few times it wouldn't start, turn key off and back on and then it would start. When I say it wouldn't start, I mean that the instrument cluster didn't turn on, no electric fuel pump and no starter engagement.

Now it won't start at all. With electric or pull start. Also, when I turn the key all the way clockwise, the headlights don't turn on. I though it was the ignition switch, so I ordered a new switch and it didn't fix it. I can hear something in the fuse box briefly clicking when I turn the key on.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Take your battery connections off and give them a good cleaning with a wire brush.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sounds like either the battery or a bad connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
have you had the battery tested
any CHAIN auto parts store will test battery for you for free
take battery out,m take to have tsted
my bet is this battery is original and well its past its life
average life is 5 yrs of a battery!

you cannot JUST use a volt meter to TEST a battery either, just so you know in case you did this!

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Did you figure it out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
doorfx
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing