Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the problem is with my cat. I was in a river up to top of the tires and i went a little deeper up to the plastic and got hung up on a log and my front was out of the water about half way up on the tire and my my rear was about up to the fender and the muffler was bubbling. It started to bogg so i gave it more gas and then it just stalled. I winched it up to the bank and tried to start it but it would start. So my buddy and he has a polaris 335 sportsman and he came to help me. So we lifted er on end and drained the water from the muffler since it came in when it stalled. Looked in the air box and it was bone dry. tried to start it again nothing. So we stood it back on end and my friend held it while it was on end. it stared right up. Set it down then it would stall. did this several times and and everytime we set it down it would stall. So my friend drove his POLARIS to the shallow water and i hooked my winch to his bike and pulled it to him. Everytime he would try to pull me he would get stuck. So we had to winch my Cat 1/2 down the river to the bridge. FUN i'll tell you. Then we tried it once more buy lifting it up and me staring it this time since i had room to go i stared it up and put it in gear while my friend was holding it and rode a wheelie for which seemed like ever and then when the front set back down it stared to stall a little than ran fine.

I need some help like to ride in water but this happens alot even in water that i just run fast through it.

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had mine in just as deep with no problems. Maybe there is water around your spark plug, or in your coil
(have no idea how to check that) have you looked at your oil, if it is milky water may have gotten in your engine through your muffler. Also unplug elect connections and check for water.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
One must prepair a wheeler for running in water by waterproofing things and sealing things up with silicone and die-electric grease, if it doesn't like water stay out of it till you get it waterproofed

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Check all the vent lines off your carb. Run them up to the pod and plug your carb drain with a golf tee and try it next time. Maybe you have water coming in the drain to the carb bowl.

WC

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Yep sounds like you had water in your carb ,the carb drain tube needs to be pluged or it will let water in and fill it up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Hope that works.

Thanks for all the ifo guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts