Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Has anybody had Carpal Tunnel caused by snowmobiling? This year was another big mile year but I was forced to quit do to Carpal Tunnel. My neurologist thinks it is caused by snowmobiling do to a accumulation of repetitive force to hands and wrists. If you have read my posts you know that my snowmobiling is a bit excessive (5000 miles every year last 6 years). It comes to a end early on a very good year. So now for the month of March I am convalescing in a warm spot but my mind is not far snowmobiling. Is Carpal Tunnel common and what have others done?
I started this thread: What follows is a recap and a happy update. For many years I have had my hands go numb while snowmobiling. With a left hand throttle I could relieve the numbness by shaking one hand and then the other. It came to a head when I started to have pain in both hands sufficient to lose sleep at night. Now after taking two separate actions last summer it is a thing of the past. No numbness and no pain at night. I got Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand and I added a vibration damper to my handle bar mount. Not sure which action fixed the problem but I suspect it was the damper. Attached photo shows the vibration damper installed. Great snowmobile season with 50% more miles then my typical season.

BA5DE579-7751-4A4E-A2A8-FAD2E8C583CA.jpeg

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
I started this thread: What follows is a recap and a happy update. For many years I have had my hands go numb while snowmobiling. With a left hand throttle I could relieve the numbness by shaking one hand and then the other. It came to a head when I started to have pain in both hands sufficient to lose sleep at night. Now after taking two separate actions last summer it is a thing of the past. No numbness and no pain at night. I got Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand and I added a vibration damper to my handle bar mount. Not sure which action fixed the problem but I suspect it was the damper. Attached photo shows the vibration damper installed. Great snowmobile season with 50% more miles then my typical season.

View attachment 364076
Where did you get the damper from?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
21 - 23 of 23 Posts