Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not wanting to spend $120 for a factory belt. There is a Carlisle and a Dayco that I have found, but I haven't read many good things about the dayco on this forum. Does anyone have an opinion on the Ultimax?

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (97rstd @ Jan 5 2007, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not wanting to spend $120 for a factory belt. There is a Carlisle and a Dayco that I have found, but I haven't read many good things about the dayco on this forum. Does anyone have an opinion on the Ultimax?[/b]
The Dayco HPX belts are good. It's the HP series of belts that you've read the bad stuff about.

Dayco does make excellent belts, they make some of the best sled belts money can buy. The one on my sled seems to be able to handle near 200 hp no problem.

So they do have the technology, without a doubt.

The Dayco brand name doesn't deserve a bad reputation if the right belt is used for the right job. The problem is, at the time they didn't offer a belt for the Kawi V-twins so folks were effectively using the wrong belt!

The belts that got the bad reputation on forums were originally designed for the Kawi Prarie 360... About half the power of the V-twins that were shredding them.

Labeling the entire brand name as 'bad' might be unfair and a mistake. It may end up causing people to cheat themselves out of a perfectly good belt choice/option.

I bought a Dayco HPX belt for my V2, it looks slightly thicker than my stocker. And get this... The stocker has 2800 on the odo since new, and still looks good and measures within spec. It might be a while before I get to sample the Dayco HPX though. I want to run my stock belt till it's fried so I can know a baseline to compare other belts with.

Almost forgot... The Carlisle Ultimax is also an excellent belt!

:chug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts