Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just wasted 20$ on a carburetor "tuning" manual. The information in it was helpful for tuning but the information I'm looking for is determining an initial body size and calibration for a given engine. There is a ton of charts and calculations out there for automotive applications but where are they for Mikuni carburetors? I haven't invested days in searching yet but I'm getting tired of combing through the ads in search of what I'm looking for. If any of you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to avoid hundreds of dollars on jets, needle ect. just to get in the ball park. I have my CFM, VE, F/A ratios , on and on and on. Just looking for a chart as to fitting slide, needle jets, needles and mains. Thank you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Carb specs

You can find all the specs you're looking for in the AC Service Manual for your specific sled, not the owners manual. The owners manual will only have the jet size installed at the factory. If you tell me what sled you have I might have the service manual for it and I'll look it up for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts