Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a 2006 arctic cat 400 4x4 automatic red , carburetor was leaking when running so purchased a new one off Amazon was supposed to be for my year make ect, it fit but when it filled up with gas it came out of every possible spot, could I have hooked up the gas line to the wrong spot??

·
Administrator
42,075 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks we are going to try switching them tomorrow, will probably drain oil and change again just to be sure gas didn’t get in there. Going to go over the original carb too see if it can be fixed also.

·
Administrator
42,075 Posts
Pretty easy to clean the old one. Take lots of pictures. Have a clean well lit area to work on it. Save small parts in ziploc bags

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,315 Posts
@Arcticatgirl If you do a search for threads I've written I've created a few solid writeups for maintaining that carburetor on here. if you read them through thoroughly and buy a new "Float Valve Set", clean the carb and replace the float valve all your problems should go away.

As Doorfx said, take alot of pictures, lay a rag/towel down on work area to limit things from going away. reference a parts fiche, and read the guides I've written. USE ALOT OF WEIGHT WHEN LOOSENING THE BOWL SCREWS AND TOP SCREWS, they are X (JIS#2 or P2) Screws, they strip EASILY, if you strip one DON'T PANIC, COME HERE AND ASK FOR HELP BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING.

I believe I cover that in one of my writeups.

I hope you didn't spend a fortune on that new carb, and good luck you aren't in this alone, there is always help here.

Reactions: doorfx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts