Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just got done rebuilding my carbs on a for the first time on my own and am curious if there is any standard on how to re-sync them or what after they are put back on. Again I have never done this before so all information is would help. Maybe this would be a good topic to PIN UP if (and I am sure we do) we have an expert on here? Thanks in advance. Come on snow!

·
Registered
737 Posts
The best way I have done to sync carbs is with the airbox and boots removed put your fingers in the airbox side of the carbs and with the carbs at WOT you should be able to push them up very slightly. This will keep the correct adjustment on your carb cable so it is not too tight to avoid breakage. If possible have someone look in the airbox side of the carbs or use a mirror and check to ensure both carbs are starting to move at the same time when you are done and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Jeff. One other thing though... any good starting point for the air mixture and idle screws?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Mine had that hang after the updates When I first got my sled it had no hangs or dead spots anywhere it rocked. I had 1200 miles on it when they did the updates then it was a pile of **** after that. I changed everything back to where it was from factory it still isnt as good as it was one I first got it. Course my sled was 1 of the first 500 built my build date was in July. (they built 500 for racers before the production run) So it might of had different stuff in it then what the later September builds where. I fried my motor so the porting and stuff might of been different also cause they had to put 2 new jugs put on it too after the GREAT UPDATES. I honstely dont even think its the same motor cause when I blew it up the 2nd time I held it wide open for 5 miles on one to get to town. I heard a cunk of piston rattling in the pipe. When I re did everything myself put pipes and re did the engine timing it now dont have any bogs when it idles you can hear it PINGING in the pipes again. When the pipes are PINGING good you know its running right. The updates where spose to elimate that bog and stuff. After the updates it sounded like a Potato in the exghaust it was boggy sounding.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rebuilt the top end 2 years ago myself. Not sure when it was built as it is not near me right now however when warm it never did idle, hence the reason for the cleaning. just wanted a good start point to adjust carbs before I drive myself crazy trying to dial it in. LOL bang your head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts