Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried venting their carbs to the airbox like polaris has done on their sleds, thinking about tryin it i know i will have to jet up, but i guess i'm looking for good results if anyone has done it,little bit reluctant right now as my sled is in prime shape,well at least the skid and motor are lol.....

Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You may open a can of worms that is better left closed. A complete re-calibration of the carburetors may be required rather than just jetting up. The float chambers are best vented to ambient pressure. Creating a negative pressure there reduces mixture quality. Many owners of the Polaris models that had air box venting ended up changing this for better performance and economy. Venting the float chambers to a negative pressure changes all three circuits within the carburetor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i was kinda thinking the same,might have to change needles,tubes and such,was just asking, cause my wife has a 95 xcr and that thing absolutely just rips with under 100hp, she smoked a few bigger hp sleds at some races a while back and they were not happy, but maybe i will leave that can of worms for a beater sled down the road,just surprised i cant find anywhere that someone has tried it , oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts