Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snorkled my air intake this evening, and ran all my diff vent lines up along with radiator overflow line. I tried to figure out how to extend carb and gas tank vent lines but when I followed them they seem to end up under my guage pod. Does this seem right. What other parts should I look at snorkleing. Gonna tackle the Belt case next week probably.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The differential vents are the accordion looking things that are on top of the diff housing. The front one is easy to see cause it is attached directly to the nipple on top of the housing. The rear vent has a 18" or so black hose that comes off of the diff housing nipple and follows the frame/rear brake line to under the battery box where the accordion thing is. This is on a 2005 650 H1 of course.

I came off my diff ******* (is that ok to say?) :rofl: with 1/4" i.d. clear poly hose and ran the front up along steering stem to gauge pod and I ran the rear line along the same path as the brake line and then up the steering stem to my gauge pod. Now I just need to figure out how to keep them there.

As for my intake snorkle; I left the oem rubber hose as it was, instead of rotating it, and used 2 2" street els and then a 2" street 45deg. el to bring snorkle up straight and in center of plastic piece under gauge pod. Was really easy once I quit thinking and started doin. Not sure where I will bring up belt snorkles. Thinking about rh side fender. Don't think there is enough room in between rack and steering stem.

Anyway am I correct in that the '05 H1 carb and gas tank are vented under the pod oem? Do I need to run vent hose of of the little carb drain nipple that has screw comin out of it on the RH side? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.