Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2000 Artic cat 250 2x4. When you start the qaud it will run for a few seconds and then die. When you open the irbox, Its got gasoline pouring into it. After you let the everything dry out, it cranks just fine and then drowns out again. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
sounds like the float is stuck or set to high or the needle has went bad and is not seating good to shut of the fuel flow to the float bowl.

·
Registered
504 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwc @ Nov 16 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sounds like the float is stuck or set to high or the needle has went bad and is not seating good to shut of the fuel flow to the float bowl.[/b]
x2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it just so happens that theres a qaud mechanic that lives about 1/2 a mile from me. I pulled the crb and took it to him. Hes going to do a rebuild for me for 60 bucks....best Ive found on pricing so far.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's not too bad of a rate from a mechanic. Do yourself a favor though and learn how to work on it yourself. You'll save a ton of $$ in the long run. A good carb cleaning is something you'll find yourself in need of more than you think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts