Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needles are sticking in the seat. I have put new needles and seats in, cleaned the carbs etc. Drained and cleaned the tank, put a new fuel pump on, nothing is helping. There is no linkage from the float plate to the needle and never was. Any help would be appreciated. bang your head

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where did you get the needle & seat? (cheap or good ones)

Have you pulled the fuel line off the carb to see if your getting any fuel that far?

Are you sure the pickup in the tank is good?

Is the impulse line attached and in good shape?

Are the hoses all in the correct order that are attached to the pump?

Is there fuel in the tank?

Is the shut off in the "on" position?

Are you qualified or have any experience in carb repair?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got new needle and seat from a cat dealer. And everything is the way it is supposed to be. Have been servicing my own carbs since i got the sled, no problems until this one!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are you seeing fuel travel up the lines to the carbs? what if you pull off one of the lines from the carb, are you getting fuel flow to that point?

·
Registered
87 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdnboy72 @ Feb 6 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got new needle and seat from a cat dealer. And everything is the way it is supposed to be. Have been servicing my own carbs since i got the sled, no problems until this one!![/b]
Everything can't be the way it's supposed to be or your machine would be running right now.

Probably the only way anyone can help you is if you would answer the rest of the questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts