Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a problem with the carbs on my v2 it will run but it loads up with fuel i noticed fuel coming from the over flow hose a lot of fuel i think its either a choke or float prob i have the carbs ready to come off ? how do you disconnect the choke cables from the carbs

·
Registered
387 Posts
It seems to be a very POPULAR problem...this carb leaking thing must be related to something common in most Cats. My 2005 400i carb leaked until I took it apart and found small gritlike black particles inside the area where the shutoff valve-thing gets pushed up by the float. It wasn't shutting off the gas supply when the carb bowl was full...the particles were preventing it from sealing the gas inlet supply line.
I cleaned it and installed an in-line 1/4" Purolator gas filter (see-through). No leaks yet...Good Luck with yours!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
More then likely the problem is from having dirt in the carb and caused the float to stick, overflowing the carbs. The choke cables should just screw out of the carb body, lossen the nut and unscrew it all the way the pull the cable out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ran into the same problem. Had to remove fuel tank, cleaned it out and the lines plus the carbs! Then I installed a inline fuel filter. All is good now!
Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts