Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked everywhere, cant find it bang your head

What size washer can you use to shim the needles in the 650 twin I know it was discussed awhile back just cant find it thanks :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I used a #4 washer from the hardware store.

WC

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Administrator
7,967 Posts
There is another company that sells shims, its called Hi-performance Engineering. They sell a 5/20 kit (thats the name of the kit) it comes with 2 of the following. .010, .020, .030 shims, 6 total. Its named that way because a needle has 5 slots and now you get 20 different adjustments. I believe most needle slots are .080 between them. so if you want just a little richer in the mid range, .010 to start with. These shims work on Mikuni carbs, both flat slides and round slides (snowmobiles/motorcycyles) & Keihin carbs, just like we run. Its $7.95 and well worth it for fine tuning. You can also double them up to get .040, .050, .060. If I was good at running a computer, I'd somehow put that picture with this thread. (me and computers dont get along so well!!!)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I purchased the 5/20 kit for my SkiDoo snowmobile which had Mikuni carbs on it. I used the .020 on my AC650V2 they seemed to work perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts