Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Arctic Cat 500 atv which i have been having problems with. It seems that when you rapidly accelerate and then completely let off the throttle fuel leaks from the carb overflow. It usually drips 3 to 4 times and then stops. Not sure if that is normal or not however i can smell the gas while riding and that does not seem normal to me. I have taken the carb apart and soaked in for 20min in GUNK carb cleaner and cleaned well. I also replaced the needle that sits on top of the float. Still having the same issue! If anyone can help me with this problem it would be great! In the process of selling the atv and want it running right. I also appolagize in adavance if this question was posted in the wrong area i am new to the fourm thing!

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
If the needle and seat are sealing then the float has to be out of adjustment.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you use compressed air to blow it out? I had a piece of the fuel shutoff valve gasket that kept the needle valve from sealing causing a fuel leak.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Sounds like a float or small piece not allowing the needle to fully seal.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the same thing with my little 300. It is a 1998 and the rubber in the carb wasn't meant for the new ethanol fuel. You might have to rebuild the carb and put new stuff in it.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Please start a new thread with your issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.