Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2003 900 MC has anyone figured out how to correctly adjust the fuel mixture screws on the TM-Style carburetor? These are the white plastic screws. There is minimal information in the owners manual. I have a service manual for the 2006 model year which has minimal information on the TM-Style of ccarbs. The 2006 M7 and some of the Firecats had these style on the carb model.

The 2003 900 MC idles very rich. The left carb is set at 1and3/4 turns out while the right carb is set at 2 and 1/2 turns out on the fuel mixture screw. My instincts tell me these are associated with the idle circuit. I am also thinking of going to a smaller pilot jet.

Any thoughs or ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock fuel screw (platic) setting is 1 1/2. I have mine at 2 as it was to lean and would not idle down. Also make sure your air screws (small brass) are both set the same, stock is 1 3/4. If you make adjustments from the stock settings, start with the fuel screw and turn it a 1/4 at a time . Ride it a bit and then make another adjustment if nessasary. I unload at 700 to 1800 ft and ride 3000 to 5000

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I got a 03 Arctic Cat MC 1M 900. I was wondering g where the idle adjustment screw is located. I can’t seem to find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts