Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005 T660 non turbo 2 up at the end of October. Up until yesterday I had driven it
a total of about 20 feet backwards from the trailer to the garage.

I was really excited to get a current sled because my only other one is a restored 1972
Massy Ferguson Ski Whiz.

After waiting 2 months for snow, a miracle happed new years day eve. it snowed
10” just west of Minneapolis where I live.

I rode my first 65 miles yesterday on a sunny 25 degree day. I know some think the
non turbo lacks some spunk, but believe me after riding the Ski Whiz this thing
is bliss.

I couldn’t be happier with this sled. My body is no worse for wear this morning other
than a sore throttle thumb.

Happy new year to all!

Brad

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Brad O, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

Have any pics of your (new and old) sleds?

:chug:

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
I have an 04 T660 2up nonturbo also and, while comparable to firecats or even triples, its a comfy sled to go cruising on by catching sites.

I've yet to have any problems with this sled.

Its a great sled if you want to sneak up on wildlife too.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
BTW: Welcome Aboard!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Brad....shuuuuush!!! Don't let this get out, but these 3 cylinder sleds are quiet, comfortable and as efficient as there is out there. It probably has a 95% approval rating which is about double what other makes and models experience.

Take it easy with this sled for the first 500 and be sure as heck to grease the speedo side of the cog drive, which is a beast to get at under the secondary, but doing so will save you having to replace that bearing. As with all sleds they want you to have the track too tight. Loosen it up but not so loose that it will ratchet when you get in the deep.

Other than that, get ready to have a smile on your face for a very long time. I know, I own two 2002 units and I am NOT selling them. In fact I bought one and a zl600 efiesr at the same time. I like the 4 stroke so much, I took the other sled back with 45 miles on it and bought the other. I could not be happier. And when I want to tear things up, I jump on the Polaris FST and do just that. No stink, no ear aches at the end of the day with exhaust whaaaaaing off the back, no carbs to tinker with, and best of all no payments to make..... :ridepride:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of me on the Ski Whiz. It’s got a 399 JLO (Rockwell) twin (now .010 over)
and produces about 28 horsepower. Going downhill on a snow packed country road it
did a GPS confirmed 58 MPH. It felt like 158!

It’s fun to drive on a frozen lake, but with the skinny ski stance it’s a bit frightening
encountering oncoming sleds on a narrow trail.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum and the maintenance tips for my T660.

Take care,

Brad

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You will love the t660. I can't believe all the 2up t660s I see when riding in Quebec. By the way that Ski Whiz is sweet, haven't seen one in over 30 years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts