Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had the diffs changed at the dealer and just sunk the wheeler this weekend. I drained the diffs, but can't seem to get the diff fluid from the bottle into the diff. It has the tapered top on the diff fluid bottle, but it just seems to run all over when I try to get it in, instead of going into the diff. Do you guys use a section of hose over the top of the bottle or what? I know that it sounds like a stupid question.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I have always had the diffs changed at the dealer and just sunk the wheeler this weekend. I drained the diffs, but can't seem to get the diff fluid from the bottle into the diff. It has the tapered top on the diff fluid bottle, but it just seems to run all over when I try to get it in, instead of going into the diff. Do you guys use a section of hose over the top of the bottle or what? I know that it sounds like a stupid question.
You can slip a piece of hose on the end of a funnel. I have a funnel with a long/thin end on it that works great for me, I never spill a drop.

we just bought a artic cat 300 1998 where is the oil plug and is there a different oil u use for transmission

The oil is the same and there are 2 drain plugs on the bottom, take both of them out to drain the bottom end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts