Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 T660 turbo. Trying to pack it up for the season. It turned right over and I backed it off the trailer. Cleaned it, etc.....started right back up and put it on the trailer. Got the track up and loosened, drained some gas and put in stabil and seafoam.......started it up to run it through........walked away to the garage and back (maybe 1 min) and its not running. Temp gauge at 150. Has what looks to be 1/4 tank of fuel in it still looking in the tank. Try to start it again, turns over and runs for 5 seconds then dies out. Sounds like its starving for fuel. Only thing I can think to do quick is to Take the plugs out and wire brush them quick......still same thing. Turns over for a second, then dies out. Any ideas?? I don't want to put it away for the summer not running.

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
Did you pressure wash it? Moisture in the relays??? Getting up to 150 in one minute seems pretty quick.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stabil and seafoam isnt wise, they're the sameish thing. 150 in one minute isnt possible, must be something else wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since it was running before he cleaned it up, and had already driven it into the trailer, I don't think 150 degrees is out of line. I very much doubt it was much under 100, possible more when he started it for the last time.

How high is the rear lifted? Is it possible that there is less fuel in there than you think, and the pickup is more to the back of the tank, and not in the fuel? I agree that Stabil and Seafoam is not needed (one or the other should be fine), but unless you put in a lot, it should not give you a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts