Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im seeking knoweldge on a problem that has me stumped. 2005 650V2. Helping a friend do some repairs. Stock pilot jets were installed (40's) and I went to 38's. We are at around 4000ft & he rides even higher (Boise area). The carbs were taking apart and cleaned. Vaume carb sync shows they are well ballanced. My fuel screws seem to do nothing. When the choke is applied it dies. The idle adjustment is maxed out just to keep it at a LOW idle. Ive jetted down to 35's and no improvement so I went back to 38's. It does run & sound good, just way too rich I think. Currently fuel screw is bottomed all the way in. Any thought fella's? I dont beleive its right. All carb tuning Ive ever done says somethings off, just dont know what. I appreciate the input!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Make sure there are no cracks in the intake boots and everything is sealed, also make sure the vent lines for the carbs are not pinched or plugged. Might want to check the valve clearance as well. Other than that clean the carbs again,really well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts