Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any other Canadian's have issue's with the level of service offered by AC in Canada? I think they only have one Customer service rep for the whole country. If she's not in that day you can't even leave a voicemail! Not the kind of service I was expecting from a "world class manufacturer".

I'm supposed to have a 3 year extended warranty on my quad but can't for the life of me get any help with an issue that i have. The dealer I bought my quad from put the warranty in someone else's name a week after I bought the bike and they won't change it into my name unless I fill out a change of warranty card and pay $25 and wait 2 months for any service to be done on it. I understand you can only do that once and I don't want to waste it because of a mistake on the dealers part.

My quad is making a funny noise and it's been sitting in a shop for 3 weeks now because of this issue and the dealer won't look at it until it's fixed. I've spoken with AC Canada at least once a week but keep getting the run around and they won't ever call me back about it. Does everyone get this same run around and poor customer service?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Geez, sounds like a screwed up situation. Service/help etc seems to vary greatly from dealer to dealer, doesn't sound like you've lucked out with yours.

If this is the dealership you bought the bike from, I don't really see what the issue here is - he screwed up your warranty registration, but he knows it is your bike, who cares if he has to enter the warranty claim under someone elses name?

I guess the other side of the coin is to have him cough up the 25$, to transfer the warranty and hope you don't want to sell/trade the bike before the warranty runs out.

I have heard many people on here mention that they have a very hard time contacting Arctic Cat headquarters and the typical response is usually - "You'll have to take it up with your dealer". Luckily I have had a great relationship with my dealer and he has been very helpful.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you make out.
Aaron

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
If the dealer screwed up the extended warranty paper work, he/she should correct it at his/her cost. If I were you, I'd calmly advise him that he made the mistake and therefore should be responsible for all associated cost. His failure to comply with your recommendation may leave you with no choice other than to seek legal assistance and you will ensure that lawyer will sue for costs. In addition to that, track down the local Better Business Bureau representative and get him in on the act. In the meantime, find another AC dealer and let him know what you're going through. He might be able to offer you some guidance regarding a solution to your situation.
Meanwhie, stay on the dealers ass. Does AC have a customer service center?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have read other posts on here about people having trouble with reps, so its not just you. IMO your dealer screwed up and he should be making this right no questions asked. Perhaps you need to mention something about a lawyer or something. :angry_mad: So, what kind of noise is the bike making and where is it coming from?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have dealt with the customer service issue b4, all i can say is go on line, call the US site, tell them like it is, and they will have the lady in the canadian office get a hold of you, after that I had no issues with contacting anyone, but yes it can be frustrating.

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (katmandont @ Jan 15 2007, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does any other Canadian's have issue's with the level of service offered by AC in Canada? I think they only have one Customer service rep for the whole country. If she's not in that day you can't even leave a voicemail! Not the kind of service I was expecting from a "world class manufacturer".

I'm supposed to have a 3 year extended warranty on my quad but can't for the life of me get any help with an issue that i have. The dealer I bought my quad from put the warranty in someone else's name a week after I bought the bike and they won't change it into my name unless I fill out a change of warranty card and pay $25 and wait 2 months for any service to be done on it. I understand you can only do that once and I don't want to waste it because of a mistake on the dealers part.

My quad is making a funny noise and it's been sitting in a shop for 3 weeks now because of this issue and the dealer won't look at it until it's fixed. I've spoken with AC Canada at least once a week but keep getting the run around and they won't ever call me back about it. Does everyone get this same run around and poor customer service?[/b]
Dealer wouldn't be in Scarborough would they (sounds familiar) ... sales were great ... after purhase warranty service :turd: ..... and sloooowwwwwwww :turd:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put a call into AC head office and man did they have the run around lines don't to an art. I asked for the manager of customer service and they said they couldn't give out that info. After speaking with a rep for about 10 minutes they finally put me into his voice mail. He hasn't returned my called yet. I'll post his name on the next reply so that maybe if enough people complain they will actually fix the terrible customer service that they offer.

I realize the dealer did screw this up but it's really so simple they should be able to fix it easily. He's sent me copies of the correspondence that he's sent them and they haven't replied to him yet. I'd take the quad back to him but it's three hours drive away from where i live. I have it at another dealer in Scarborough now and they seem to be alright but they won't do anything until the warranty issue is sorted out. At least they haven't charged me the storage fee for the three weeks!

I have a new polaris sled and dodge truck and their service is so much better. I'm really disappointed with Arctic Cat but really do like my bike. I'd have no problem buying a new one after the three years but this is a major drawback. What if it blew up in the first month than this came up. I'd be really bent then.

It's hard to explain the noise it's making because it still has the same power but it sounds like it's bogging down. There's a rattle coming from the pipe at the engine and it's hard to hear over that. When I was on the trail last the guy behind me told me it was smoking when I had it down to the bar.

·
Registered
742 Posts
katmandont, I had the "pleasure" of dealing with that lady you are referring to, and I think she takes care of all of Canada. If I was you I wouldnt even bother with her, she is useless. I argued with her for 1/2 hour or more one day, and had her agreeing with me, then as soon as I said "so you agree with me" she changed her whole story. I think she is just there to calm you down a bit (probably some sort of shrink!!) if you have a higher ups phone number, use that instead, get a name, and always call the same person. I havent been able to get a higher ups phone number, but my dealer has been great to say the least. So I find it hard to get him into trouble with someone else, for a faulty machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts