Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture that will run in the March issue of Canadian Geographic. This is of me during last springs Open Men's cross country race in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut. I'm the one pictured behind the hood with my AC race gear on.

I was on the 5th lap of a 15 lap race event when I noticed smoke coming from my hood/belly pan area and after closer inspection I had to drop out due to mechanical problems with my exhaust system which caused my belly pan area to melt through which cause no top end and a bad hesitation.

The reason for this mechanical failure was due to a hard jump and landing at almost 100mph. Even my handle bars loosened up after the jump. It was a blast alright.

Happy trails from Derek Elias in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut[attachment=60782:3271_131_1_.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last season's races went pretty good. We did not hold the ice ovals as planned due to very bad ice conditions and lots of pot holes from spring melt. My sled was running awesome up to that point.

My other Firecat ('06 F6 Sno Pro) in the race also wrecked big time. It was driven by my late step son, he wrecked a lap before I had to drop out. The wreck damaged the rear skid frame, cracked the hood, bent the rear suspension arm and stuff. All fixed now and ready to race again.

Happy trails from Cambridge Bay, Nunavut

1 - 3 of 3 Posts