Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 500 AC and I do a lot of welding for my deer lease and build feeders and such. I am wondering if you there is a place you can buy the speed rack inserts? That way I can build some baskets and other items for my food plot sprayer to mount on.

Thanks, Ranchdog

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You can make the inserts, but as for buying the part itself, no there isn't a place for that. Easily made though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i,m inthe process of fabricating some items for my rack also, for the connectors i,m using 9/16 round stock,u will have to shave (grind) a bit off of both sides, this will give a snug fit.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I used 1/2" square stainless stock... There is a pic of the bucket rack I modified to fit, and a close up of the auger holder for the front rack.... I also have a box on the back that I didn't get a pic of... but you get the idea... the pins are stainless 1/4" tubing with a 45 deg bend... works for me...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Green I did the same thing as you did. I cut back the flat tab and welded on some 3/4 stock. pulled out plastic inserts. 3/4 stock fits perfect. I also fabricated a grill holder for front of speedrack. For next year I am fabricating an Ice auger holder that will run along the side of the bike. Picture of rack on bike attached[attachment=66668:Ice_Fish...__Small_.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,

I wonder what an Artic Cat insert looks like. Do they use solid stock or is it a square tubing that fits inside it? Anyone know. I guess I can use the 3/4 bar stock but sound like you have to pull out the plastic insert hey?

Thanks, Ranchdog

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
They use some flat stock that is roughly 1/4" thick, and it inserts into the 3/4 square speedrack receiver then is held into place via a pin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts