Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got carbs all cleaned and new cables choke and throttle and did the settings by the book right down to a teee got gas comming to carbs and it will fire over but will not run{ it was a full rebuild} only thing i'm clueless on is where the carbs plug into have one plug that has two plugs on it but three safty plug switches not sure what to make or what to do now please help ty

·
Registered
870 Posts
if you mean the carb safety switches. just bypass them by connecting a wire (or three) to the plug on the harness. check your ground wires carefully. I had a broken one that ooked ok but was broken inside the heatshrink on the connector. and the sled would not rev. it would idle all day long but would not rev up.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you mean the carb safety switches. just bypass them by connecting a wire (or three) to the plug on the harness. check your ground wires carefully. I had a broken one that ooked ok but was broken inside the heatshrink on the connector. and the sled would not rev. it would idle all day long but would not rev up.
Ok but before I put the new cables one it would somewhat run but now with the new cables it fires but wont run could it be the cables and not quite right?????? gonna check for spark as well thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
did you sync the carbs? and adjust the chokes? Does the sled fire if you put some gas directly into the cylinders?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you sync the carbs? and adjust the chokes? Does the sled fire if you put some gas directly into the cylinders?
it fire's but i now think its in the idle screws do to i brought them out and then moved them into touch the slides and they just started to move THEN I opened the throttle and turned them two more full turns think I'm gonna have to start all over again grrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
870 Posts
start fresh turn the throttle stop screw out and then loosen the adjuster on the top of the carb and turn it until the slide bottoms in the mixing body. then turn the throttle stop screw until it just touches the slide then turn it 1 1/2 turns in. do this on all three carbs. then make sur the slides open fully and move at exactly the same time.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
start fresh turn the throttle stop screw out and then loosen the adjuster on the top of the carb and turn it until the slide bottoms in the mixing body. then turn the throttle stop screw until it just touches the slide then turn it 1 1/2 turns in. do this on all three carbs. then make sur the slides open fully and move at exactly the same time.
hey there got it fired up and idles and 2 grand but now need new air filters cause mine are junk so getting a set from Royal and also have to check jet size was told by them that what ever jets are in mine I have to know this to get the right ones for the new filters he said I'd have to go two sizes up depending on whats in mine grrrrr the other owner had KnN air filters on it the round ones and about 8in long so any help on this thanks bud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts