Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this sled running and am wondering what to replace or any tips, shouldn't skip oil injection or get a new CFI box. Let me know!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice sled. Got something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I just got this sled running and am wondering what to replace or any tips, shouldn't skip oil injection or get a new CFI box. Let me know!
I have a 91 that I put a 580 ZR triple port top end in and the larger ZR VM40 carbs. The top end is a direct bolt on to the 550 bottom end (shared bottom end). The carbs took some fabbing to get it to mate up with the air box. I also put the ZR clutching in it with a roller secondary clutch.

Easy upgrades:
I'd recommend installing plastic ski's - you will need to shave the spindles down to do this. Check this out:

The next best mod you can do it put a 99-04 ZR rear skid in it for improved rear suspension. I did that to mine. Check this thread:

·
Registered
759 Posts
That was my plan also but then I found this girl. Has reverse and the longtrack kit I was planning on doing to the wife’s. Not to mention the 580 and twin pipes.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Reeb, those 580 Z's are sweet and rare. Love it (y)

I think you can still upgrade the rear suspension with a 136 inch skid from a 99-04 Cat sled with 136 inch skid. The link I posted above, some folks did that.
I have a 141 Proclimb skid I want to put into it. I’ve done a few in the past and I’ve actually sold 3-141” skids to guys back east already this year. However much my wife likes her older Cats, I’m trying to convince her into riding our ‘05 Summit 600. She’s not convinced so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts