Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 98/99 ZR2 body still had the same front suspension travel and width as the 97? It wasn't until 2000 that it got wider and more travel. Will 2000+ arms etc. bolt right on or would it require modifications?

Thanks
Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 98/99 ZR2 body still had the same front suspension travel and width as the 97? It wasn't until 2000 that it got wider and more travel. Will 2000+ arms etc. bolt right on or would it require modifications?

Thanks
Dave
they will bolt right one. Unless you can do it for free i would not bother with it. I could not tell the difference between my 99 and 2000 riding side by side.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
a 04 zr900 bolted directly onto my 99 zrt 800.

+1 wider both sides.

if you really pay attention, you can notice a difference, but you have to be paying attention for it.

otherwise, you wont notice it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks guys. I've got my eye on a 98 ZR440 and just wondered about the differences in the front suspension. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth it. Also thinking about putting a TSL skid in my 95 Z440 (I have a spare that needs a bit of work but I think I can get it up and running) and I also have a complete front suspension from a 99 ZR700 that I think will go on with a bit of modification and give me the BPLT as opposed to the AGLT. I really l like the sled it just lacks a little in the suspension department.

Dave

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The BPLT on that sled is pretty much a bolt in application, just like the AGLT. You'll just need though spacers like you do on the AGLT

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The BPLT on that sled is pretty much a bolt in application, just like the AGLT. You'll just need though spacers like you do on the AGLT
I thought the bottom mounting holes on the a-arm had to be moved or something like that to correct the ski camber. I also just realized that sled doesn't have the AWS4 spindles. I have the AWS5 from the 99 but I don't know if they'll work. I guess I'll find out when I start playing with it when the season is officially over.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
I thought the bottom mounting holes on the a-arm had to be moved or something like that to correct the ski camber. I also just realized that sled doesn't have the AWS4 spindles. I have the AWS5 from the 99 but I don't know if they'll work. I guess I'll find out when I start playing with it when the season is officially over.

the bulk heads and steering are all the same on the 98s and up, they just changed the a arms. You will want to use the parts from a 2000 and up zr. again unless you can get the parts for free its not really worth the effort. Not a huge gain like the older aws4 sleds.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bulk heads and steering are all the same on the 98s and up, they just changed the a arms. You will want to use the parts from a 2000 and up zr. again unless you can get the parts for free its not really worth the effort. Not a huge gain like the older aws4 sleds.
This is a 95 Z440 that I'd be putting them on. It doesn't have AWS4. I have all the stuff. It wasn't free but got it cheap a few years ago and it's just been sitting in a box. I believe the shocks are 16" c to c.

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
95's should have aws4 suspension

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Yup. Same as mine. If you take arms off a 2000+ zr you will have the aglt but need the aluminum spindles off a tcat-zrt (97ish)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Your suspension looks like this correct?

If so that's aws4

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep it looks like that. So AWS4 came with spindles like that and the aluminum ones on the 97s?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
On the 97/98 Tcat/ZRT sleds IIRC. If you are gonna put the 2000+ arms on for the AGLT you will need the aluminum spindles from the Tcat/ZRT sleds.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
These are the sleds with the correct aluminum spindles for AGLT

1997 ZR 580 EFI
1997 ZRT 800
1997 ZRT 600
1998 THUNDERCAT
1998 ZRT 800
1998 THUNDERCAT MC
1998 ZRT 600
1998 THUNDERCAT
1998 THUNDERCAT MC

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what do you call what is on a 99 ZR700 and some other model years that have longer shocks and the spindles with the tab where the tie rod attaches that is straight instead of bent down? Is that AWS4 or 5 or something different?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts