Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ZR 8000 LE ES 137x1.25" studs, Dual 6", BD-xtreme: Billet Heads, Y-pipe, Blk OPS Can & V3R Reed
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used either one with the 1.5” lugs in center and 1.25” lugs on sides? Thinking about upgrading this summer and adding some lug studs like Kold Kutters, Gripmasters or iGrip screw in studs.

cheers!

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 Ltd, ATAC, Storm 150
138 Posts
I just swapped out the stock Ripsaw II 1.25 track to a Storm 150 on my new 2021 ZR 8000 LTD. No studs. (Rip II for sale 146 miles on Facebook) We have epic snow depth in Iowa (believe that or not) and the Storm 150 hooks up fantastic on trail both in corners and straight away. It also lifts the sled out of the deep snow with little effort. I was running a Composit Talon 1.5" track no studs on my 2016 ZR 6000 137. After about 100 miles on the Storn 150 I am super happy with it as it performs much better than even the Talon did. I am heading to the Northwoods soon and should get several hundred more miles on the Storm 150 on hard packed groomed trails. I can report back with those results.

·
Registered
2019 ZR 8000 LE ES 137x1.25" studs, Dual 6", BD-xtreme: Billet Heads, Y-pipe, Blk OPS Can & V3R Reed
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it. Hard to believe Iowa has more snow than MN. Can’t wait for more updates.

cheers!

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 Ltd, ATAC, Storm 150
138 Posts
Over 500 miles now on the Storm 150 track no studs. No more noise than OEM track. Trail conditions in northern Wisconsin are hard pack groomed and great riding. The Storm hooks up hard in straight aways and really impressed with the bite in corners. In a couple areas where we can legally play off trail not many are going there as the snow is over knee deep. The track is just flat fun, pushes the sled on top quick and it just foats. Expected top end to be really bad going to a heavier track but hit 98 at 8300 RPMs before I had to get out of throttle. Very impressed, very happy with the Storm 150.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Thank you

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have 1,200 miles on my 129" Ice Storm 150 and it is a bit noisier than my ripsaw quiet track overall but performance wise it is what I expected. I was in 4 plus feet of snow in the Adirodacks with it this season, big drifts on the east end of a windblown lake. I had to stop beause my buddy was stuck ahead off me. I have it on a 2014 ZR8000 and the old ripsaw would have trenched me in for sure, this track was like a mini mountain track, popped the front end up and with the right throttle work I climbed on top and floated along nicely. I had over 7K miles on the ripsaw and been stuck before and I feel this would have been a bad deal with that track, this track does indeed handle the deeper snow better and is very nice on the trail too. The ice studs are somewhat loud on blacktop, but I really don't care, they are just anti skid for loose corners to me. I plan to give it another season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts