Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all that have factory ski's........get yourself some razors. This was my first ride with these and I will NEVER ride stock ski's again. These made a night and day difference in handling, they are a tad bit harder to steer at low 15 and down speeds but worth it. They will catch and want to pick up the inside ski in the rough stuff but body english is a must on a Firecat to ride hard and that will keep you from rolling your sled. The Shapers win my vote for the best carbide made for agressive riding. I LOVE THESE SKI'S.

Also the carbide wear is so minimal compared to my 8 inch Woody's single runner, after 387 miles they still have a V to them. As you can tell I am impressed and a believer that the FACTORY SKI'S SUCK!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Wanna sell your stockers? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad to hear that. I just got a set from ODS and shapers as well. I was tired of riding the brake so hard to get the skis to steer. Also, my stockers are going on E-Bay next weekend. They are green and only have 300mi on them in perfect shape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greensled.... After more thought if green is the right color for you I would sell them to you. I have the 4" staggered and 8" woody's with them. The sharp edge is worn but carbide is in perfect condition. Let me know.

·
Registered
747 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Jan 15 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To all that have factory ski's........get yourself some razors. This was my first ride with these and I will NEVER ride stock ski's again. These made a night and day difference in handling, they are a tad bit harder to steer at low 15 and down speeds but worth it. They will catch and want to pick up the inside ski in the rough stuff but body english is a must on a Firecat to ride hard and that will keep you from rolling your sled. The Shapers win my vote for the best carbide made for agressive riding. I LOVE THESE SKI'S.

Also the carbide wear is so minimal compared to my 8 inch Woody's single runner, after 387 miles they still have a V to them. As you can tell I am impressed and a believer that the FACTORY SKI'S SUCK!!!!!![/b]
Did you think that all these people raving about these skis were full of :bs: ? Glad you like them; and for all you others that are on the fence- just buy the skis and be done with it already!!!!!!!

·
Banned
488 Posts
I fully agree man. I've only put about 50 miles on my Razor's and Shaper's but holy shat, complete night and day difference. Love 'em! Anyone else who is in the process of gettin new skis but can't decide on which to buy, we obviously all highly recommend these.

Cheers,
Mael

·
Registered
189 Posts
Road for the first time this weekend and I have to say they work, but they do work your upper body. They are amazing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Going to install mine today with 6 inch stud boys, cant wait to try them out, hopefully they turn as good as everyone says they do!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I keep reading how bad the stock ski's are, but mine work fine. I am going to put shaper bars on them once the dually's wear out but the sled turns great with the stockers. Peace, beeler

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put about 40 miles on mine, it is night and day :drool: I was able to keep her on my side going through the corners. :dance: strongly recommend them to anyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts