Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'd guess a 1996. Love them black hoods with green hood screens, same color scheme as our 1997 ZRT.

·
Administrator
7,991 Posts
No question, 96

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
What year is it???

It's the right model year for the front end mod and the TSL skid swap!

Having the right chassis to transform it into a killer trail bullet is much more important... And that sled does in fact have the chassis to make it possible.

:chug:

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
It's a 1995 according to the seat, all the 96's has the "600" or "800" in orange on the back of the seat.
It's a 96 according to the decals and the green a arms, 1995's had black A Arms
Cat made around a thousand 1995 ZRT 600's and first year production of the 800, you may have one of them.
It will also tell you what year it on the belt guard.
If you are sitting on the sled, on the right side of the tunnel there is a black production VIN tag
It it was made in the summer months of 1994, it is a 1995. If it was made in the summer months of 1995. it is a 1996.

·
Registered
187 Posts
96 ZRT600 also has a "1995 Formula III Championship" sticker on the hood right below the headlight. can't quite tell in those pictures if it's on there or not. I'd say '95 just because of the displacement missing from the seat.

·
Registered
352 Posts
95....I don't think the 96's had the ribbing across the seat, also the 600 badge like snow800 said...not there. Not too sure though.

Just a guess.

SPDFREEK

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Also, the first two numbers of the VIN number on a Arctic Cat is the year of the sled. (1984 to 1999)

2000 and newer it is the 4th and th 5th digit that decodes as the year.
Mike

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I have a 2 95's. My seats do not have those ribs either. That seat is not from a ZRT. Thats a 96' hood for sure. I have a 97 on mine. That is also a 800 engine. 600's said ZRT on the heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
That sled is a "combo" or "hybrid" deal. It didn't leave the factory in that configuration. Perhaps a specialty shop custom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did buy it off of eBay along with that wildcat right next to it. I won it last Sunday, but he has been making excuses about it not running since then, so I haven't even touched them yet. I won them both for $1580, but now I am wondering if I am getting myself into trouble with this mismatch/hodgepodge (possibly wrecked) ZRT800.

I am watching a 98' ZRT800, if I get that for less I maybe inclined to back out of this current deal.

I mean, its a damn good price for those two sleds, but it might actually even out when I goto sell it (because of all those mods).

I really appreciate the input!!!!! Thank you all.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah Im gonna have to agree with everyone else, its a 96 with a old Wildcat seat or something. That seat is defiantly of the early 90s vintage with the ribbing and the outlined "Arctic Cat". Looks just like the seat that we had on our 91 Prowler. But yeah look at the manufacture date on the side for confirmation that its a 96.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.