Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im thinking about buying a 2004 arctic cat f7 from a dealer in Massachusetts. Im new to snowmobiles ans was wondering what problems the 04's had. I know that there were recalls, but how do i make sure that this sled had the recalls done to it? Also the dealer wants $2500. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Super Moderator
8,544 Posts
Hi im thinking about buying a 2004 arctic cat f7 from a dealer in Massachusetts. Im new to snowmobiles ans was wondering what problems the 04's had. I know that there were recalls, but how do i make sure that this sled had the recalls done to it? Also the dealer wants $2500. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes
they are a solid sled. $2500 would be about top dollar for one. Check for cracks in the tunnel where it kicks up and by the sway bar. The 04 and up were less pron to cracks than the 03s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
cracks in the tunnel right where the tunnel bends up slightly. I had an 04 EFI that cracked out bad. Also the bulkheads cracked. Also the filler neck on the gas tanks cracked, thats a big one. Overall good sleds though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The coolant hose that runs from the front rear heat exchanger to the engine blew out on mine from rubbing on the engine,my 03 was rubbing in the same sot but i caught it before it blew,just something to check out,the gas tank and steering post are the only other recalls I know of

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.