Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kinda in a dilema and hope some of you crossfire riders can give me some insight...

I currently have an '04 F5SP... and consider myself a pretty decent rider (for those that dont know me do a search for my pictures... I was also a mod here for quite some time)... I absolutely love the power of the F5 as where we ride its mostly tight trails, some lakes, and almost all rough... I tend to get in some deep powder... more then most and have no troubles now really... but honest opinions...

If I was to step up to an '06 Crossfire 6 SP how much of a real world difference would I see in HP and deep powder abilities? I am aware of all the normal deals... 108hp vs. 120hp, and a much higher floatation track on the CF... but lets face it... real world and what you read arent necessarily the same...

So please help me out... some pros and cons of upgrading... and what real costs/upgrades I would want to look into...

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Ross, I'm in the same dilemma as you are on the Crossfire whether to purchase an leftover '06 XF 600 or 700 SP since the prices on new sleds are outrageous. Only way for me to find out by corresponding with '06 Crossfire owners through PM which makes it a little easier for me to decide later on.

After riding a demo on a '07 XF 8 SP a few weeks ago....Performance, Handling and Suspension had suited me just fine except for the 800cc engine and the color in Orange wasn't in my favor. I'd prefer be sticking with 700 or less and the color in Black with it's awesome graphics. However, I found one near my home which had a Green 600 SP. The only thing I'm having difficult time in accepting Green Belly Pan sled cuz I hate to see the black excess soot underneath the sled.

Good Luck,

Corey

·
Registered
24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Feb 26 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ross, I'm in the same dilemma as you are on the Crossfire whether to purchase an leftover '06 XF 600 or 700 SP since the prices on new sleds are outrageous. Only way for me to find out by corresponding with '06 Crossfire owners through PM which makes it a little easier for me to decide later on.

After riding a demo on a '07 XF 8 SP a few weeks ago....Performance, Handling and Suspension had suited me just fine except for the 800cc engine and the color in Orange wasn't in my favor. I'd prefer be sticking with 700 or less and the color in Black with it's awesome graphics. However, I found one near my home which had a Green 600 SP. The only thing I'm having difficult time in accepting Green Belly Pan sled cuz I hate to see the black excess soot underneath the sled.

Good Luck,

Corey[/b]
A product made by Sled Brite called Belly Pan Cleaner cleans the black soot off awsome,spray it on and wipe it off. I use it it s awsome...

·
Registered
96 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (orgnoi1 @ Feb 26 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am kinda in a dilema and hope some of you crossfire riders can give me some insight...

I currently have an '04 F5SP... and consider myself a pretty decent rider (for those that dont know me do a search for my pictures... I was also a mod here for quite some time)... I absolutely love the power of the F5 as where we ride its mostly tight trails, some lakes, and almost all rough... I tend to get in some deep powder... more then most and have no troubles now really... but honest opinions...

If I was to step up to an '06 Crossfire 6 SP how much of a real world difference would I see in HP and deep powder abilities? I am aware of all the normal deals... 108hp vs. 120hp, and a much higher floatation track on the CF... but lets face it... real world and what you read arent necessarily the same...

So please help me out... some pros and cons of upgrading... and what real costs/upgrades I would want to look into...

Thanks in advance!!!

[/b]

I ride in Wyoming a few times a year and recently switched from an '03 F7 to an '06 Crossfire 7 and I can tell you the deep powder riding and handling is much better IMO. The Crossfire is fast and good on the trails but not better than the F7. I also like the rider position on the Crossfire better. If you go with an '06 you will want to upgrade the skis (the '07's may be better?), I went with the Powder Pro's which are great in the powder. Other than that I had a hard time parting with my F7 but I ride about 50-50 flatland to mountain riding and I'm very happy with the switch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just went through the same dilemma, and decided to buy an 06 leftover. In the case of my local dealer, I don't know how many 07s he had left over, but considering how many 06s he still had, my gut told me that he didn't bother ordering many 07s. It became a calculated gamble whether he'd have an 07 (or possibly even an 06) leftover next year. I decided that I wasn't willing to take the gamble, because I couldn't afford an 08 if I lost the gamble, so I just picked up an 06 Crossfire Sno Pro, complete with tunnel braces. Unfortunately, we've got rain on the way, so I might not even get to ride it before we lose the snow. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts