Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally got to deep yesterday. Water buried up to speed rack. Obviously wont start. Anybody ever done this and know the necessary repairs. Drain oil? Change filters? Battery Maybe?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Drain the oil, clean out the air box of any water, drain the carb(small screw on bottom of float bowl, drain the clutch cover, fill with oil and crank her up. If it starts don't rev it up just idle for 5min then drain oil again. Repeat until oil is clean.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I agree, however I wouldn't let it run more than 1 minute if the oil has a lot of contaminants in it. 30 seconds will circulate most of it and hopefully bring the more dense debris to the bottom.

Change the oil and filter until the oil looks clean... then change it one more time.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
I wouldn't let it run at all. Fill with diesel through the crankcase breather tube. Shake the heck out of the atv then drain. Repeat 3 times minimum

·
Registered
340 Posts
Did you get it running?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still Working on it

We no longer have an arctic cat dealership nearby so had to get my supplies shipped. I did get all the fluids drained so she's drying out. I'll let you know. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Drain oil, fill with diesel or seafoam, change oil about 5 times till its not white anymore

·
Registered
445 Posts
Something I found out the hard way on my 700H1. there is a seal behind the primary that may need changed if it starts to leak. I had my clutch full of sand, mud, etc and it caused it to leak there after. Just something to look at

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like others stated, drain oil, fill with diesel. Disconnect spark plug wire and remove spark plug. Spin engine a few seconds (5-6 seconds)the first time, drain dirty diesel, then do it again until diesel comes out clean (usually 3 to 5 times). If water got in the cylinder its good to disconnect the header pipe and run diesel thru the cylinder (pour down spark plug hole).

Dewayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts