Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Friend of mine that I ride with is out looking for a new atv. He's stuck on the suzukis. Thats al he's ever had and wants. The question is the 07 450 or 700. Does anyone have any feedback on either. The brochure list everything the same but CC's. Weight, width, clearance, fuel cap all the same. There is about a $1,500.00 price differance. Just looking for some feedback. Not worthy:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
the 450 efi won a recent shootout in 500cc magazine comparison. For the extra money i would get a 700 though as they can be found cheap.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
As the famous quote here goes, there's no replacement for displacement. I'd go with the 700. More power and he won't look back and ever say "I wish I had gotten the bigger one". For $1500...he'll kick himself if he doesn't get the 700.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are both good machines. Is he going to be riding with you? How big are the others he will ride with? If they are all around the 400 range I would go with the 450 because it is a little better handling but thats my experience. If money is no object go for the 700.

·
Registered
257 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onyx_z71 @ Feb 21 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Personally, I think that the Suzuki 700 King Quad is the best value of any utility.[/b]

This is just my opinion but I went out for a ride on the weekend with a bunch of guys and lots of different machines. One guy had the 700 KQ with a module and HMF exhaust. We were continually pulling him out all day. The quad had lots of power but no ground clearance compared to my 700 AC. There was also a Honda Rincon and Foreman, a Grizzly, and a H1. I was pulling these guys out quite a bit through the snow. Most times its nice to have a front and rear winch but can be a pain when you are continually hooking up to other machines to pull them out.

Mitch

·
Registered
44 Posts
The actual list price difference between the two is $1000, not $1500. And that is not really what you would actually pay since you can get a better discount on the 700 than the 450, so that makes them even closer in price. So IMHO, you'd be crazy to buy the 450 over the 700 if going with the Suzuki.

Handling is the same no matter what you read. One reviewer stated the 450 handled better than the 700 cause the fuel tank was beneath the seat on the 450. Hello, they are the same, in fact most all the parts interchange, and skids, bumpers, accessories fit each other. No major difference other than no 3rd headlight and less power on the 450. The wheels and a few other parts are aluminum on the 700 vs steel on the 450 but that keeps the weight to within a lb or 2 of one another.

If I was a mudder, I'd go with the AC 700. If more trail riding oriented, Suzuki 700.

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Feb 21 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is just my opinion but I went out for a ride on the weekend with a bunch of guys and lots of different machines. One guy had the 700 KQ with a module and HMF exhaust. We were continually pulling him out all day. The quad had lots of power but no ground clearance compared to my 700 AC. There was also a Honda Rincon and Foreman, a Grizzly, and a H1. I was pulling these guys out quite a bit through the snow. Most times its nice to have a front and rear winch but can be a pain when you are continually hooking up to other machines to pull them out.

Mitch[/b]
I think the Cats are better mudders, but I think the KQ would be a better trail performer. I think their 700 engine is the best and smoothest large single banger on the market. All depends on the buyer's intentions I guess, but if he's stuck on a Suzuki, the KQ would be the way to go even with the extra cost IMO.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
If your buddy is die hard on Suzuki, you may wanna tell him that he can go through more mud with the Cat, and the 700 Cat is a Suzuki motor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onyx_z71 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Feb 21 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mitch[/b]
I think the Cats are better mudders, but I think the KQ would be a better trail performer. I think their 700 engine is the best and smoothest large single banger on the market. All depends on the buyer's intentions I guess, but if he's stuck on a Suzuki, the KQ would be the way to go even with the extra cost IMO.
[/b][/quote]

The KQ 700 and the AC 700 have the same motor

Mitch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts