Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was out riding (110 miles) and after loading my 2012 550i LTD on the trailer, I noticed it wasn't sitting level. I started looking and found that part of the front left shock was broken. On the shock, there is that piece that turns to adjust the stiffness of the spring and that is what broke. So at the moment, the bottom of the spring is resting on the upper a-arm/hub assembly. Is this a common issue, or just a fluke? That shouldn't ever break, should it? Should I replace with an oem shock or go aftermarket?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have been noticing a lot of spring adjuster failures mentioned recently. I have 500 miles on my 2012 TRV with no problems YET. I also thought I saw somewhere of a changed part no. for a new improved spring adjusters.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been noticing a lot of spring adjuster failures mentioned recently. I have 500 miles on my 2012 TRV with no problems YET. I also thought I saw somewhere of a changed part no. for a new improved spring adjusters.

If you could direct me towards finding the new part number for improved spring adjusters, that would be great! Is the spring adjuster something that is part of the shock/spring assembly, or something that can be individually replaced?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Reactions: team sidewinder

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2012 700 trv. Ordered new shock adjusters and have no issues since. If you look at the newer atv parts list they have a replacement number for them which they made stronger and actually come listed as a Mudpro adjuster. The part number is 0403-288 and should be for a pair of them for about $10.

Reactions: team sidewinder

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same issue with my 2012 700 trv. Ordered new shock adjusters and have no issues since. If you look at the newer atv parts list they have a replacement number for them which they made stronger and actually come listed as a Mudpro adjuster. The part number is 0403-288 and should be for a pair of them for about $10.

Where did you find a pair for $10? I looked at several websites and they are all $8-12 each.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My local shop ordered it that way. We thought it was $10 for one, but when the box came in there was 2 in it. So needless to say I have two sets. The front and rear use the same ones so eventually I may change the rear when they start to break. I would say order one box and go from there. I am pretty sure if you order two you will actually get two pairs like I did.

I just checked the arctic cat website. They use the same part numbers my local shop used to order mine. They should be two in a box, unless arctic changed it within the last 4 months

·
Registered
130 Posts
when I ordered mine I got one I needed for the rear of my mud pro 1000 2012 I have 700 miles on it. Cam, Spring Adjuster
Part #: 0404-057
Qty: 1

USD$ 9.95

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'll check tomorrow night and verify if the box is marked for one or two. Like I said when we ordered two 0403-288 I got two boxes. Both had two adjusters in them. I got one box sitting at home with all the paperwork in it so I can check and let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Find yourself a used set off a older 500 AC, like a 02-03. I have yet to have one fail, plus mine look a lot stronger then these newer ones that keep breaking.

·
Registered
445 Posts
OK I had a chance to check the box when I got home. I had the wrong part number. Order part number 0437-093. This kit includes two 0403-288 front spring cam adjusters and instructions. It is listed on countrycat.com for $8.46 for the kit at this time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK I had a chance to check the box when I got home. I had the wrong part number. Order part number 0437-093. This kit includes two 0403-288 front spring cam adjusters and instructions. It is listed on countrycat.com for $8.46 for the kit at this time.

Thank you!

·
Registered
445 Posts
No problem. The instructions in the box say 2011-2012 Mudpro, but they are the same replacement number. So far since replacing them I have had no issues with them. The thickness of the base looks thicker than my 2007 700EFI.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
This will help with part numbers for replacements so it is now pinned

·
Registered
312 Posts
Where did you find a pair for $10? I looked at several websites and they are all $8-12 each.
My 2012 1000's front shocks both broke this spring and my dealer just replaced them both n-c , he said he has replace A TON of cams so far!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts