Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to be able to put 80 miles on the T660 Turbo yesterday. I saw everything from REALLY great to REALLY bad trails, most of it was in the middle but it was riding!

Anyway, about 6-8 miles from out home base (heading back) I heard a tinning vibration noise from under the hood. When we stopped I looked to see what was up and the pipe bracket (kind of a dark green color on the engine side) that holds the intercooler snapped in half! It broke right in the middle, where the flatten it to run a bolt through. The pipe its self is really a crappy piece of metal, it was very rusted inside and you could see where it was flaking.

Anyway, anyone else have trouble with one of these?

K

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2004 T660 and had the same problem last year. I was hearing a tinging noise from under the hood and when I held the intercooler the noise stopped. After looking further I found the same bracket broken in two. I took mine off and welded it back together and have had no further problems. I agree the bracket is not well built. The good part is it's not bad to get off and and easy inexpensive fix. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts