Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. Hoping to get some advise regarding broken bolts...I know that a lot of you have experience this and was hoping to fix my problem.

1st problem ....

CVT Belt housing...broken stud in lower part of interior casing. Used Cobolt drill bits, extractors with no sucess. Still the bolt remains. I have siliconed the casing back together, however,,,this broken bolt is driving me crazy.

2nd Problem....

Dad tries to help...decided to put the belt cover back together, with silicone and 7 remaining bolts ...being the genius that he is..breaks another bolt off...yeah i know...it gets better...i am at work..he decided to drill the crap out of this broken bolt..now the problme is that he wrecked the threads,,,and installed a huge bolt...

is there a way to remove the broken stud in problem one.

how do i go about getting problem 2 back to its orginal condition.

Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
40,726 Posts
Get your dad a torque wrench at the same time. No need for silicone at all just torque evenly in sequence.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Problem 1 and 2, drill out to larger holes and using a automotive syringe completely fill the holes with an aluminum compatible JB weld or liquid metal, etc, and let dry for several days. Then drill and tap too the size you need and replace the bolts.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
^^^ Exactly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts