Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Yesterday I put the following update on the new Rolling Ridge Snowmobile Club website -- be sure to check out that website for updates (the club's based out of Route 30 and Walats)... Let's hope there's hope...

Be sure, the boards of all the clubs, including the Laurel Highlands Snowmobile Club and Rolling Ridge Snowmobile Club are tracking this and are in tight communication with the DCNR. It was a sudden and unexpected discovery.

-- Bill

----

Turnpike Bridge Closure:
On December 17, 2009 the Rolling Ridge Snowmobile Club leadership was notified by the PA DCNR that the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail bridge over the PA Turnpike (I-76) was found to have numerous unsound structural components, and is currently unsafe for any type of travel, including snowmobile travel.

The bridge is being inspected and is closed indefinitely to all use. The DCNR will be updating the RRSC board on the status, and we'll update you here.

Please bear with us during this unfortunate turn of events.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
There's a lot going on with this. While I don't think we'll be using the bridge this year they are working (possibly) on a alternate route for it. What we need is for some of the people on here to make some phone calls to the numbers I listed above. This would help the process along. Also, snowmobile clubs in the area are going to have a petition to sign. We're going to need it done hard and fast. Meaning no working on this for months. It's going to have to happen quickly. Once we get the petitions (Wallats is one place that will have it) then I'm going to the governors office with it and to the legislators listed. This along with the push within PSSA will help the situation work in our favor. This bridge can be replaced with Grant money. Money from several sources including snowmobiling $$. Your registration money and the SIMS trail act money. This is how it works. So, make a few phone calls and help us help you.

Steve (Region 3 Hat on)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Everyone who rides in the Laurel Highlands either needs to sign the petition in person or you can sign a electronic one on line. Here's the link to the online version. The paper versions sometimes hold more weight with the state organizations but the online one will help us all also. So, call your legislators like I've posted on the club website and sign a petition.

Steve (Board of Directors hat on)

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savethebridge/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts