Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 winters ago I took my sled out on the lake for the first time of the season, ran great until my brake fluid boiled from seizure and my brakes failed!! I replaced the fluid and pads and cleaned it up bleed the system and rode for another 2000 miles, then at the end of last season I was teail riding and began to feel the brake lever pulse when I would brake... after 30 minutes of riding my brake lever had no pressure and brake fluid covered my rotor and pads.... I took it home that night and noticed the bleed screw was loose and figured it came loose after 2000 miles because I didnt tighten it enough. I do the same process as the first but now it wont bleed and my brakes are at 20% and very spongy to the point they hit the handle.... I've replaced the master, the pads, and even the caliper with a used working one and I still can get it to stiffen up.. if I pull the pads and push the brake till the piston meets the rotor I can only then get a hard brake pedal. I've reverse bleed it, raised the front so the master us up high and I've pumped 3 bottles of fluid thru it trying to bleed it. Would next step be a power bleeder? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So 2 winters ago I took my sled out on the lake for the first time of the season, ran great until my brake fluid boiled from seizure and my brakes failed!! I replaced the fluid and pads and cleaned it up bleed the system and rode for another 2000 miles, then at the end of last season I was teail riding and began to feel the brake lever pulse when I would brake... after 30 minutes of riding my brake lever had no pressure and brake fluid covered my rotor and pads.... I took it home that night and noticed the bleed screw was loose and figured it came loose after 2000 miles because I didnt tighten it enough. I do the same process as the first but now it wont bleed and my brakes are at 20% and very spongy to the point they hit the handle.... I've replaced the master, the pads, and even the caliper with a used working one and I still can get it to stiffen up.. if I pull the pads and push the brake till the piston meets the rotor I can only then get a hard brake pedal. I've reverse bleed it, raised the front so the master us up high and I've pumped 3 bottles of fluid thru it trying to bleed it. Would next step be a power bleeder? Any help would be appreciated
2007 f8

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Well, you've replaced all parts except the brake line. If it were me, I'd get a new brake line on it and try again.
Question, when you replaced the master cylinder, was it a known good working one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts