Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of changing my brakes this weekend and was wondering if there was a local place to get the pads. I thought that some one had mentioned that they had bought some pads at Napa. I tried to search but no luck. Also, what is the deal with the brass break pads? How do you make them?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I haven't heard of any local shops aside from the dealership ($$). I got mine from Rocky Mountain ATV and got them in no time flat...something like 2 days.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Your not going to find them local except at a AC dealer. Or maybe a big aftermarket atv parts shop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Epi makes some they are about 32.00 per pair. They claim heavy duty sintered metal pad recommended for mud sand and utility use. I have not replaced my stock pads but I will most likely buy these when I do. Hope this helps. might can find them at erlandsonperformance.com

·
Registered
454 Posts
Funny story about brakes. I took my bike to ODB to get the gears and he calls me and says "these are the worst brakes I have ever seen it is a wonder how you have been able to stop." He said they were paper thin if that. OOPS. I guess I could of checked them. I did not think I used my brakes that much but I guess I do.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
AC pads wear fast it seems, replaced my 03 400 at 360 miles they were 2/3rds gone, aux pads were all gone. 32.00 isnt bad for upgraded pads, stockers a 26.00 a pair.

·
Registered
263 Posts
EBC makes pads for the AC. Much cheaper. Go to you local motorcycle shop; they will probably have to order them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frontiercat @ Feb 2 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
EBC makes pads for the AC. Much cheaper. Go to you local motorcycle shop; they will probably have to order them.[/b]

I agree with Frontiercat, get the EBC severe duty's.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The standby pads are slightly different than the other 3 sets so will have a different part no. Take the rear tire off, the aux brake pads may not need to be replaced mine were ok the rest were paper thin. I just installed the EBC severe duty.
I kept my used pads as well thinking I may try the brass route when I can get the material.

WC

·
Registered
83 Posts
I run the EBC's. I put 2200 km's on the stock pads. I have 1300 on the EBC's so far and they seem to be half way through. I don't think that I use brakes very heavy at all. Just to give you an idea. My foot brake pads are the originals and there are about the same as the EBC's right now.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I think the severe duty might have less stopping power but will hold up better to mud and sand. I’m no expert but that’s what I have heard. I am still looking for info and reviews on both pads because I will be ordering mine today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts