Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a brake line manufacture to replace the current set up on my 2013 trv 700 xt. My ideas would be to change out the distribution block to something different that would allow a single line at a time be replace if there were to be a failure. With the current set up you have to replace the hole brake line system. I am trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in buying a custom yet plug and play setup. There would be different colors of lines available and you could get extended lengths if needed. I know for sure that this would work on 2012 through 2016 models 400cc to 1000cc. I believe it will work on 2017 and newer as well but need to confirm stock cable lengths to be certain. Give me some feed back guys and gals. I know I can’t be the only one to bust a line and not want to replace the hole system or just want to customize my lines to be different.

·
Administrator
36,115 Posts
I would be interested for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
If they were available for a decent price i would be interested.. But i can go to my local hydraulic shop and get a full set of lines made up for cheap. They can get anything i want and are great to deal with also half the price as the shop in the next town

·
Administrator
36,115 Posts
Anything further on this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my lines removed and sent in to the company. They just received them on Friday. I’m hoping to hear something this week. Sorry I got tied up on a house project and didn’t have time to mess with the quad. I will let you know as soon as I hear from them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just Got word they are not able to replicate the junction block. I asked them about dilling and tapping the junction block and threading new lines and they are telling me they don’t offer a small enough diameter fitting. Talk about a joke/headache. Sorry everyone I really thought I was on to something.

·
Administrator
36,115 Posts
Good try !! Appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did confirm that if you are willing to drill out your old lines and tap new threads on the distribution block they will sell the lines with the fittings needed to thread it into the block $70 plus shipping. That’s the route I’m going to go. They won’t do it for us because of the liability of damaging the block

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys I have good news I was able to source an already threaded distribution block that looks just like the oem one. Called the line company and told them to get the lines made and sent out to me. I will get it all out together and take pictures for everyone. I’m thinking I will take on assembling and shipping to anyone that needs them.

·
Administrator
36,115 Posts
Please post pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts