Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I have a 2014 zr 7000. I have removed the brake caliper to do some maintenance and clean everything as well as replacing the brake pads. Now when I fill up the reservoir I can't get any pressure in the system what so ever. Thr brake fluid don't seems to get pumped by the piston pine. The o ring and seal looks good in the cylinder brake. Any of you ever had thos problem and/or know what am I foing wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not being a smart @$$; Is the bleed nut opened?
Yes it is. Even with the hose disconnected from the caliper, the fluid don't get down there. It is almost like if the pine in the master cylinder was not moving correctly but I disassembled everything and all seems to be in great condition.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes it is. Even with the hose disconnected from the caliper, the fluid don't get down there. It is almost like if the pine in the master cylinder was not moving correctly but I disassembled everything and all seems to be in great condition.
Have you tried a vacuum bleeder?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had issues before when there is a bunch of air in the system. I've had luck tipping the machine on its side so the caliper is above the master cylinder and then I can get all the air out, I've had to take the mc off the bars when doing this. Sometimes that air doesn't move through if it has to go straight down, it just stays at the top. Volume of fluid flow isn't fast enough to push it through, against gravity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update here guys. I've tried with a vacuum pump but since the bleeder valve is close to the feeding tube the brake fluid go strait to the bleeder valve instead of filling up the caliper. So since I didn't want to tilt the entire machine on the side I guess the way to fill up the system would be with a pump filling up from the bleeder valve but since I am not equipped for this job I just brought my sled at the dealership. It will probably cost me $200 but I am tired of fighting this brake system.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can also use a pressure bleeder to pressurize the master. They are relatively inexpensive, but for a 1 time use maybe not so much. I have several $$$$ invested in tools I only used once, never know when you may need it again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why not just use a syringe and push it up through the bleeder bolt? There’s a YouTube video on it. Could’ve saved all that money lol. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Things on you tube don't always go as planned.
This is true but have you seen it done? It’s extremely simple. There is too much air in the line to just dump fluid in the reservoir and hope it bleeds down. It won’t. So just put some in a syringe and send it through the bleeder bolt up into the reservoir.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm sure it works, doesn't matter which way you apply the pressure. People ask me how I do something. I tell them. Then they offer a different way. I tell them do it how ever you want, you asked me how I do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts