Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought over the phone this morning. Base model. Wish I would have ordered when they first came out as now over a grand more with all the extra Bidenomic costs added in. Will bring it home on Friday. Going to add a Warn winch and mount for a snow plow at some point. Will get pics when I get it home and take the plastic off to see what's what. Friday cannot get here soon enough.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Congrats. Pics or it didn't happen.
:p

It'll be interesting to get your impressions once you get it out on the trail.

It would be interesting to get a side by side comparison between the Alterra 600 and Alterra 700.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. Pics or it didn't happen.
:p

It'll be interesting to get your impressions once you get it out on the trail.

It would be interesting to get a side by side comparison between the Alterra 600 and Alterra 700.
Hey Z. Maybe re read what I said. Will take pics on Friday when I bring it home. Started our 4-10's this week Friday's off until Construction which for as wet as we are is a long LONG way off! The 700 is a completely different animal to the 600, but I will compare to a 550 that my brother has. Alterra model.

·
Administrator
41,901 Posts
Congrats

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Again Jim- I'll be interested in hearing your feedback when you take delivery. With the way that fuel tank and engine are laid out, it will be interesting to know if it impacts the handling that much.

Any clue if they decided to add the locker to the 600 at the last minute? Wasn't the locker left off on the prototypes?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Jim- I'll also really be interested when you mount your GPS on your Alterra to see that mount is decent.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No locker but I've never had one before so not bothered. The mount for the GPS for my sled is slick and sturdy. If the ATV mount is the same and see no reason why it would not be.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just heard from the Arctic Cat dealer here and my Alterra 600 LTD arrives tomorrow , they are going to install the heated grips and I should be picking it up on Saturday 😊
Mine has been at the dealer for about two weeks. I got a great deal on a Warn 2500 winch through Amazon. I will install it. Adding the Garmin Tread mount but not sure dealer will have it in when I pick it up. Friday cannot get here soon enough!

·
Registered
Ford F350 Superduty
29 Posts
Been waiting since November for this one , cant wait , the LTD comes with the 3500 lb Warn winch and 27 " tires and the molded cargo racks , should be a great machine

Mine has been at the dealer for about two weeks. I got a great deal on a Warn 2500 winch through Amazon. I will install it. Adding the Garmin Tread mount but not sure dealer will have it in when I pick it up. Friday cannot get here soon enough!

·
Administrator
41,901 Posts
It’s Friday !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tomorrow it will be Doorfx. Dealer has my total down payment and is emailing me the credit app. Will be riding it home tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Pretty much sure I have my 02 sold. Bought that one 14 years ago for $2,500.00. Sold it for $2,200.00. :cool:

·
Administrator
41,901 Posts
Nice!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts