Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And can i say wow.. This truck have every option in it.. The towing capasity is 13500lbs.. Rears are 373's.. I love this truck..It's a left over.. I bought it from where i used to work... I will post pic's soon.. All i have to do now is tint the frt windows.. My 03 FX4 had them tinted and i miss that all ready... What a difference in power compared to my old 4.6 triton... I think i will be happy....

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a 2005 same truck. Look into getting leveling kit for front from autospring corp. takes a couple hours to do no spring to compress. gives truck whole different look. Plus you can put 33inch or 295/70 /17 no prob.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Good job. looking forward to seeing some picks.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still no pic's Soon though... I love this truck... The power is crazy.... Fin,

Yes i noticed that that is a must.... This truck came with 285/75/18's under it... Once i get the leaeling kit witch i mentioned to my boss today i think i will be happy..But i'm just so pleased with it now.....

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
i just bought an 02 dodge 2500 and i miss my ford already theres nothing like the pure power ford. :( i have met people who say the fords are dogs that they cant get out of there own way. i havent got a clue what there talking about. any way congrats

·
Registered
221 Posts
I drive an '06 F150 Crewcab 4x4 Lariat and I'm very pleased. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Ford trucks to anyone.

However, the gas mileage with the 5.4 Triton is REALLY BAD! (which should be no real surprise)

stellarpod

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
04 FX4 :super_happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
nice truck....our friend just bought an 07 supercab 4x4 with the 5.4 and 3.73 rear end. i have an 02 f-150 supercab FX4 with the 5.4 and 3.55 rear end and mine feels more powerful on the bottom end. the 07 didnt feel that responsive. like it had to rev over 2k to get going pretty good while mine can get moving easily under 2k rpm....it rides nicer though. either way you'll love it

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buddy,

I tradded in my 03-FX4 150 with the 4.6 and the 355 rears... And i thought the oppisite. When stomping on the fuel (my old 03) I though it took a little longer to get up to speed... On the new one stepping on it and it goes... The heaviest i pulled with the o3 was a 16 ft landscaping trailer with 9200lbs on it.. It pulled it but i could tell i was pushing it.. I think the new one can handle it with ease... I was looking in the manual and it tells me it's able to handle 13500lbs... Will see.... As for gas.. Got 300 miles out of a tank... Will it get better or worse.. Will see.... Nice pic's guys.... I'll try to get some up soon.

Mark

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
the 3v is a good motor.. my little brother has one.. we have done a lot of work to it and she now runs right along with my powerstroke at 540 HP.

might i suggest a diablo sport programmer for custom tuning and shift points, mac performance makes a great cold air kit either them or volant would be my main choices.. and then wrap it up with a borla cat back and you will see around 19 mpg too :thumbsup:

... little brothers truck....

and here's mine...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Great purchase glad to see more ford guy's on here!!!!!I just bought an 06 xlt extended cab in december.
[attachment=61546:IMG_0355.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my dodge :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
well you had the 4.6....i got the 5.4
im not bashing......i coulda bought a 04 f-150 with the 5.4but liked the 02 better...wish you the best of luck. i would suggest the Bamachips tuner instead....have heard good things from diablosport but the bamachips is made specifically for fords...my dad has one and wow....a lot more power and 3 more mpg on the highway

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
first two are my dads truck and the red one is mine

got more in the truck section

btw....nice trucks six-ohh....what year is your stroke?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buddy andthe rest of you guys..Thanksfor the info.... if you or anyone knows of someone that wants a hard cover for the bed i have one.. I took it off of my 03 befor trading it in.. It's grey in color. Looking to get 500.oo for it... As for power performance mods.. I think i want the leveling kit for the frt first.. Then will move to performance parts.

Thanks guys...Love this truck more and more each day....

Mark

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I've got an '02 F250, crew cab, Lariat, 4x4, PowerStroke and love it. I just heard about Ford's new diesel for '08. It's a 6.4 and suposed to be the quietest on the market along with more HP and torque. Can't wait to see/hear it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (truponycar @ Jan 23 2007, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats on the new purchase. I've got an '02 F250, crew cab, Lariat, 4x4, PowerStroke and love it. I just heard about Ford's new diesel for '08. It's a 6.4 and suposed to be the quietest on the market along with more HP and torque. Can't wait to see/hear it.[/b]
Yea it's also a twin turbo. Hopefully it'll make the Duramax run back to japan and whimper in the corner. But we'll have to see because all of the new diesels are gonna have some bugs to work out thanks to all of the whiney liberals and there ultra-low sulfer diesel and tougher emission standards. what ya gonna do Al Gore has a lot of retards that he's fooled into believing what ever he wants.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not a dodge fan but the new dodge diesel is out and it's 20 hp less then the 5.9 I belive the new motor is a 6.7 Why make a bigger motor and have less HP? I'll see if i can get some pic's of the h1 and the new truck..

Mark

1 - 20 of 26 Posts