Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out yesterday when the old yellow check engine light came on.

I had a funny feeling previous so i was watching for it...Thank god because we were river running with minimal snow coverage.

Seems i lost all my coolant because of the front right side cooler hose.

Do I need to pull the engine to get to it?..I think i know the answer bang your head

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you should be able to get at the hose by just pulling the belly pan off( 8 screws) just the bottom not the nose. Put it up so you can get under it and you will see. NOTE make sure you get all of the air out of the lines(bleed) before you take it for a rip or it will blow up for sure. those sleds are a pain in the a$$ to bleed. If you don't know how, take it to the dealer it will save in the long run, then if it blows up it's on them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just did my 04. Dealer told me the 03 needs burped but the 04 and up are ok. It is a major pain to work on that hose. good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
As long as you're at it, get a 04-up coolant bottle. No worries about air pockets as much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No matter what year if you open up the cooling system (change a hose) you will get a air lock, you MUST bleed the system to get it out. A good shop can change in less than 1 hr, much less cost $$$ than a motor if you don't know how to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
To change the hose, drain the coolant, remove the belly pan and tip the sled up on the left side. Its alot easier to work on then having the sled lifted in the air laying on your back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts